April 24, 2009

been busy!

phew...it's hard to keep up with a blog! i've been ridiculously busy lately!

we're still working on the living room. the walls & ceiling has drywall and the fireplace is up and ready to get tiled. michael has started to tape and mud. it's a dusty mess! i am ready for it to be done!

at work we've been getting ready for the Kentucky Derby which is next weekend, May 2nd.  I have a cute dress picked out to wear but I need to run to the craft shop to get a feathery head piece together. i'm bypassing a hat because they are just too expensive!  my boss and i also painted a horse for Gallopalooza. that was quite a task but it turned out great. click here to see a picture of "A Horse of a Different Feather." can you see the nbc peacock feathers?!

one more thing that is exciting for me...i have been asked to join a group called the "Female Art Collective" which is a group of female artists around the Louisville area.  they really like my handmade cards and little owls! The two ladies in charge of the group are going to open their shop up at the end of May and we will all have our artwork for sale through that site.  it's going to be fantastic! so i've been busy making cards for that shop instead of my own etsy shop.  they are going to be doing a lot of advertising, so hopefully i will make some sales through the FAC!


i was also asked to do an interview last week about my etsy shop. read it here!

that just about sums up the last few weeks of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin